Sunday, July 16, 2006

Well I guess this is it...


Yup...after 13 1/2 years in Texas, 7 of which were at DNA, we're loading up the wagon and headin' west...well, northwest. Tomorrow starts the week of fun and excitement driving to Seattle and the one thing I can say about our time in Dallas is we'll miss the people. Dallas is flat, brown, hot, humid and generally unattractive to look at...and did I mention it's hot, but the friends and family here have always made it a pretty damn good place to be.

...so, to all you folks who made this flat little speck of dirt a beautiful place to live, we'll miss you...and I will be ticked if you don't come visit (you all know who you are!)

Now it's on to another adventure, to another wonderful company with incredibly talented and cool folks...a new piece of the country so beautiful you can't help but fall in love with it and hopefully people at least half as great as the ones we're leaving here. I'll try to post some pics along the way, unless we run into some "The Hills Have Eyes" radioactive, inbred, cannnibalistic, hillbillies...well then it might take a little longer.

I should haves me some internet action by this time next week so we can get this new ball rollin'. Gotta lot of stuff to do and I've made some promises I've gotta make good on...my, my, my...time flies. If you read my site, all three of you (hi mom), you know I've got some things coming up with articles and interviews-n-stuff but if there's anything industry related (or not) you would like to chat about or just see me ramble aimlessly on about feel free to e-mail me.

Cheers,
Matthew

2 comments:

3DBurke said...

It's about time. Get your butt over here already!

If you have the time, drive through Zion National Park. It's a bit of a detour but one hell of drive. You won't regret it.

joeyg said...

Matthew, we got your message. We're looking into Bungie, Sean Jensen knows someone over there and put us in touch. We sent our reels but that's about it for now, probably have a slim chance of getting in. I don't even think they're hiring animators currently, according to their website.

Tough times! Tough times.