Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Welcome new peeps!!!

One of the things I've loved about Valve is that I'm surrounded by some of the smartest and most talented people I've had the pleasure of working with. Another thing I love is when new "smart and talented people" start at Valve. And even another thing I love is when someone I worked with before and have really, really, reeeeaaaaallllly wanted to work with again starts working at Valve. "Whatever could you be talking about Matthew?" Well, come sit on Santa's lap and let me tell ya...Mike Belzer and Keith Lango started at Valve!!!

I met Mike "officially" last year at CG-Con but have known of him through his work and through Animation Mentor for a long time.

Like pretty much any cg animator getting started in the last 10 years I've been very familiar all things Lango. Plus I had the good fortune of working with Keith at DNA on "The Ant Bully."

These two have forgotten more about animation than I feel like I know most days. Having them working with me on TeamFortress2 has been the hottest inspirational fire I've had lit under my ass in a long time and love it.

No comments: