Sunday, June 25, 2006

Poseidon...

...Ok, I'll admit it, I liked Poseiden. There, I said it. I liked it a lot. Maybe I just have to admit to myself that that my taste in movies sucks...I mean, I did like X-Men 3...yeah, I know, I have to turn in my comic book nerd badge and decoder ring.

I just don't understand what all the bad buzz was about. I paid my 8 bucks to watch a big ass boat get hit by a big ass, to see all kinds of CG mayhem ensue and to try to guess who will make it out and who won't. And I got my money's worth.

I barely remember the original. As a kid I remember Gene Hackmen being cool as hell and Shelly Winter's scaring me from swimming the same way Jaws did. Besides that, I had no real attachment to it. This version is what I wanted it to be, escapism pure and simple. A roller coaster ride, loud and fast...so sue me.

Oh, and I know that this is wayyyyyy late in the game to be talking about Poseiden but hey, I needed something to see and it was either this or The Fast and The Furious, Tokyo Drift...I'll be writing about that one later.

Cheers

No comments: