Friday, April 21, 2006

School is in....


Most of you know that I've had the good fortune of being associated with AnimationMentor for a few quarters now. On a personal level it's been one of the best experiences with some of the most talented folks in our industry. It has really gotten me jazzed about the sharing of information in our industry and really gotten me thinking. The history of animation has been one of mentorship. "So and so" learned from "So and so" who learned from Milt or Frank or... And I really think AnimationMentor and the great work being done by Keith Lango (luv ya klango) are really helping foster that history. I personally don't think there's much that I could add outside what's already being done when it comes to the art of animation...BUT I would like to start offering information about a different aspect of our industry. I will call it....

"Ok, you got the job. Now what?!?!"

I want to share some info about the industry not involved with the creative side but with the mundane, day to day stuff you'll have to deal with. Stuff like...

Direction: How to take it and why it's so damn important...

Ergonomics: How to avoid that pain in the neck...

Time Managment: The internet isn't always your friend...

Tools: Learn how to use them so you don't become one...

All things you'll need to know once you've gotten that kick ass job as an animator.

Now these are just a few ideas so if you think of something you'd like to see talked about please feel free to chime in with a comment. Hope you enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Justin S Barrett said...

Cool idea, man! Can't wait to see what comes up. It was cool meeting you the other day. Hopefully we'll bump into each other again soon! Cheers!

Matthew Russell said...

Hey Justin! Yeah we'll see what happens. I wanna get feedback from folks on all the topics I post...and I'm thinking about doing it as a video podcast...who knows.