Sunday, January 31, 2010

Life as a Video Game Animator*

I had the good fortune to celebrate my third year at Valve back in August of 09. And, to be honest, I think it took me almost all three of those years to really find "myself" in both games and at Valve. All of my time as an animator up until that point had been with DNA doing film and tv work. The last few weeks (and few months to be honest) I've gotten to a point where I finally feel like I've found what works for me and in turn what that means for my work at Valve. I thought I'd share some of that (not that anyone really asked for it, but I thought I'd share anyway.) This "sharing" will start back at DNA, since that's where this crazy, wonderful, journey I've been on started, and will go all the way through....well, who knows. I can't guarantee I'll be the most timely with my posts but I will get them out as often as I can. My first post in this is going to be "Why the hell did you become and animator anyway?"...I thought it an appropriate if not clichéd way to start.


*You'll notice the little (*) at the end of the title. That's because all studios are different and my life as a game animator at Valve may be completely different than an animator at Infinity Ward or Naughty Dog or Blizzard. As a matter of fact I can almost guarantee we all lead very different and unique work lives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well i was passing by this site and came across your post.I would like to know more so i will keep visiting often.

how to get her back

Unknown said...

I agree your post. I read this post. This is great post. I like this. In present time every person life become a video game. Really this is nice post.

mastercard prepaid credit card